HOLIDAY STOCKINGS FOR HEROES
Sponsored by: Soldier’s Angels
Let’s make Christmas merrier for our soldiers, either overseas, or state side recovering from injury.
Our GOAL is to fill 10 stockings by the end of November to ship to Soldier’s Angels for distribution to the Troops.
- 10 18” stockings
- Slim Jims or Beef Jerky
- Packages of Holiday nuts
- Single serving drink mix packets (i.e. Crystal Light)
- Playing cards
- Puzzle book (Crosswords, Sudoku, Word Find)
- Holiday-themed writing pens or pencil
- Holiday candy (in sealed wrapping or small unopened bags)
- Candy Canes
- Peanut Brittle
- Travel-sized games
- Card games (Uno, Phase 10)
- Stress balls (holiday-themed preferred)
- Gloves (preferably black; winter; one size fits all)
- Single serving cookie packages
- Apple cider packets (must be in Ziploc baggies in case the packets break)
- Hot chocolate (must be in Ziploc baggies in case the packets breaks)
- Small notepads
- Holiday-themed lip balm (wrapping and scent)
- Caps (warm winter)
- Other holiday-themed itemsso, it would be great if you could sign Christmas cards to be included in the stockings!
Please do not include these items:
- NO GLASS, SHARP OBJECTS, PRODUCTS CONTAINING ALCOHOL, AEROSOLS, HAND SANITIZER, GLITTER
The collection begins this week, there will be a large bin in the Social Room that you can drop off your items, then we will have a packing party after church in early December. Please don’t wait till the last minute to bring in your items!
Also, it would be great if you could sign Christmas cards to be included in the stockings!